1 cardboard oatmeal box (tube), with a lid
string, 10 cm
large metal washer
1m asking tape
1. Use the scissors to punch a small hole in the center of the bottom of the box
2. Remove the lid and punch another hole in the center of the lid
3. Use the string to tie the metal washers to the rubber band. Make certain to cut off any excess string.
4. Fromt eh inside of the box, push part of the rubber band through the hole in the bottom of the box. Put a toothpick through the loop in the rubber band to hold the rubber band in place (See pictures below)
5. While a partner holds the lid close to the top of the box, strech the rubber band and push the other end through the hole in the lid. Put the toothpick through the loop in the rubber band to hold it in place.
6. Put the lid on the box.
7. Place the strip of masking tape on the floor or on a table. Place the box on its side at one end of the tape.
8. Push the box gently, so it rolls along the tape strip. Ask your partner to mark how far the box rolls before it stops and begins to roll back to you. Measure and record this distance.
9. Repeat step 8 two more times, pushing the box with a little more force each time.